Another non-library post, so if you are a CPD23 reader pop back later when I’ve got around to writing up Jing for thing 18!
You may remember that back in June I posted about weight loss and what to do… I was having a dilemma along the lines of whether to try to stick to plan, just eat healthily or completely forget it.
I forgot it for a while as had a lot going on over the summer, and with moving house, a couple of weddings and a week away I didn’t want to be worrying about calories, points or syns (depending on your weight loss program of choice). Two weeks ago I took the decision to go back to a group, I’d put on 6lb since May – to be honest I was reasonably pleased with that as I’d not been eating that well and exercise had pretty much ceased since moving house. We now live closer to the gym and I reckon each swim between July and 2 weeks ago had cost me in the region of £35 each! In the past two weeks I’ve got back into swimming and the gym and am at a much more reasonable figure per visit now!
Not been to a weigh in this week, but last week I’d lost 5 of those 6 lb, it was a good feeling! I’m obviously in a much better place now. I’ve not struggled with eating healthily, I have cooked us some really great tasting meals rather than having Asda pizza or a quick fix, and I’ve been swimming or to the gym regularly. My promise to myself is the gym at least twice a week (once at the weekend and one evening) and swimming in the middle, if I can go more often that’s a bonus. Have also said I’m going to walk to work more – its now a 40 minute walk to the railway station or Ipswich office, and as I leave at the same time to walk as get the bus when I have to catch the train the walk makes perfect sense!
One final thing. ....You may remember that in the June blog post I mentioned a friend and her words of inspiration. She said 'Remember....it is a healthy eating plan, it is not a quick fix. It is about making you healthier, more active and ultimately slimmer." Being in my better place means I can totally see where she is coming from and she’s now blogging publicly here so you too can be inspired by her.
No comments:
Post a Comment