Well I’ve finally got around writing up thing 18! This looked at podcasts and screen captures - one of which I'd used tentatively and one I'd never even thought of!
I'd never heard of Jing. It is a screen capture program and another that I can’t access at work. Although i can see its uses it’s not something I’d choose to use for fun, so I can’t see me using in the near future. I can see the benefits of the screen capture programs, I think its possibly something I’d use more if I worked in an academic sector – I’ve read of people using for inductions and can see how that may work.
I did mention Jing and the screen shot programs to a colleague who is quite ‘techy’ and he was interested to hear about them. He mentioned that he thinks it would be something that could be used for the customer facing FAQ pages, so who knows maybe I will use it in my line of work some day!
I read the podcasting online course (podwhating?) with interest. I’m an iTunes user and have listened to podcasts occasionally, but have never thought of creating one. Again I can really see the benefits in certain institutions, and wonder whether in public libraries we aren’t using these technologies enough. Thinking perhaps we should look into creating a weekly podcast of book reviews, perhaps I’ll suggest it…..
Also with uncertain times, and things changing in general, you never know what the future holds. Therefore, you never know, I may well be revisiting both of these at a future date for my own use – watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment