Not sure if it makes me brave, mad or stupid, but on Thursday evening I was persuaded by my sister in law that I'd quite like to take a dip in the ICY NORTH SEA on Christmas day!
There is a reason behind this, and some added motivation, which I feel I should explain.
Earlier this week my partner's Grandma passed away after a very brave fight. For the past year or more she has received outpatient and inpatient treatment at the local hospice, and then spent just over the last two weeks of her life being cared for by them also. The staff at the hospice are nothing short of amazing, so in loving memory of her myself, Ian's sister and mum will 3 of the brave and adventurous people who run into the ICY NORTH SEA on Christmas Day this year to help raise vital funds for St Elizabeth Hospice, in Ipswich.
The dip started as a 'dare' but the promise of a decent donation to the hospice from Ian, his dad and his sister's partner if the 3 of us do it is spurring us on to do this! Ian thinking I may not do it, is also more than enough encouragement to prove him wrong! The dip is one small thing we can do to help the hospice.
If any of you reading this want to support us we have a just giving page here: www.justgiving.com/kingladiesplus1
No comments:
Post a Comment