Monday, 17 October 2011

CPD23 Thing 23: Reflection – What next?

So the end is here – this is my final CPD23 thing!

This has been a great programme and I’ve discovered some great tools because of it.  As I’ve said in previous posts I’m not sure when, or if, I’ll use some of the tools, but they’ll always be at the back of my mind now.  I’ve started using Evernote on an slightly ad-hoc basis, but it’s becoming more of a routine to use it and I’m definitely going to try and brush up on my prezi skills as I think I may be able to use that a lot more going forward.

The most useful things? My 'brand' - I found that really useful and have been sharing thoughts around it with friends and colleagues. And things 21 and 22 were great in helping spur me on with thinking about my skills critically and what I could maybe do to enhance them in the future.

So what’s next?  I need to, and will, complete my chartership – it’s not a race, but the end of October is my personal deadline for completion of the latest version of the statement.  I have a PDP for chartership, and a PDR at work, so won’t be devising another PDP for this programme.  However the chartership PDP and process as a whole has pushed me to look at my skills and look at ways of enhancing what I have got and learning and developing new skills.  Through both this programme and chartership I’ve had the opportunity to learn many things I otherwise wouldn’t.

The challenge was set to come up with a 6 word story to sum up how we feel about the programme.  How’s about “An interesting, technological, insightful learning curve”

No comments:

Post a Comment