So this weekend the boyfriend is on a stag weekend in Nottingham, so I thought that would be the perfect time to sit down with my notes and bits of evidence and try to do something constructive with the notes that are my statement to accompany my portfolio of evidence for chartership. My mentor Fiona gave me an invaluable piece of advice a few weeks back when she re-worded two sentences for me. However, that means I now need to re-word everything I've drafted so far and have a serious think about the random notes I've made and how i tie them together! I have my next meeting with Fiona in a fortnight and I'd really like to send her something constructive before then to look over - so far it's not looking good, due to me being the queen of displacement activity!
This morning I popped into town with my mum (for 4 hours) and one dress, one belt, two coffee's, a pot of foundation and a new pair of glasses later I'm ready to sit down and work. Only I don't, - I go and visit my Nan - have another coffee in the garden centre cafe and spend a small amount in the shop there... and then I go for a swim...and by then I've done nothing so I might as well stay and have dinner with my parents too!! So here we are at 9pm on a Saturday evening and now I'm sitting down to pull together my notes and write up my next draft of my statement! But not before I've delayed it a bit longer by writing this blog post!
My aim is to have something concrete in place by the time the boyf gets home tomorrow afternoon, so I can email it over to Fiona on Monday morning from work. Given that I plan to go for another swim tomorrow morning, and have plans to meet a friend for lunch early afternoon I'd better get a move on - I'll let you know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment